CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

comedic genious or just a dumbass?

I'm on my way out to celebrate St. Patty's day with some friends. We had just left the SIC party at the SON since they ran out of beer, and I was heading over to pick Matt up (I was going to be DD for the night). I pull into the Valero to get some gas, not wanting to hit that dreadful E in the middle of the night.

I manually unlock my door by pushing up the lock button, grab my credit card, and get out. I get the gas pumping and turn back to my door to grab my cell phone. The damned door is locked!

That's right-L-O-C-K-E-D. With my cell phone and car keys sitting inside the cup holder. damn

So I'm sitting there at the gas station, looking around, thinking to myself how stupid can one girl get?

My spare keys to my car are in my apartment, and the only person with a spare key to my apartment is Matt. So I run up to the pay phone, trying desperately to remember someone's phone number who can get in touch with him for me.

I make a collect call to my parent's house phone. No one answers [I found out today that my mom decided not to answer since she did not recognize the number]. Okay, now what? I can't remember ANYONE's number.

I start to cry. I finally realize that I *think* I know Deanne's cell number since I had just given it to Tara. But you can't make collect calls to cell phones (or that's my impression anyways). So now I've got to start begging for quarters to make a phone call.

I go into the Valero and try to use the ATM, thinking I'll get cash and then get some change from cash register by buying something. The ATM is "out of order".

SHIT

Now I'm starting to cry. I walk up to the only person in the place, aside from the workers, and ask for some spare change. The kindly police officer gave me a dollar and wished me luck. I got change from the cash register and go to make my phone call.

I get a call in to Deanne and told her where I was, what was going on, and asked her to tell Matt so he could bring me my spare keys.

About 30 minutes later, Matt came rolling in on his white steed (aka his truck) and gracefully handed me my spare keys to my car. He was even kind enough to not make fun of me.

0 comments: