CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 6, 2009

banished to customer service hell

I feel as if I've been banished to hell. And not just any hell, but the 7th circle: telephone customer service!

It started last weekend when I attempted to get a new power cord for my computer. After a month and half of use, my power cord decided to break. I have to hold it just right for it to work, and it stopped charging the battery. I tried returning it to Circuit City, but since they are going out of business they wouldn't help me.

So last Friday I called HP. My power cord is still under warranty, so I'm not about to spend another $100 replacing it, AGAIN. After getting transferred 4 times, I was finally put on with Rajit. After explaining my problem, Rajit told me that I had to take it back to where I purchased it. I told him Circuit City wouldn't let me return it since they are closing, so what can HP do to help me? I proceeded to repeat my schpeal about it still being under warranty. Rajit proceeds to tell me that I need to return it to Circuit City. We go in circles for 20 minutes. Finally, so angry and frustrated that I'm starting to cry, I hang up on Rajit.

I gave up on that project, passing it off to my father, and we're still trying to find someone at HP willing to help us. Stupid HP.

Today, my internet wouldn't work, so I set out on the long ardous task of calling AT&T. Of course, I've already tried the "unplug it, replug it" tricks, nothing. "Steve" [whose real name I'm sure is so far from Steve] told me to unplug the router. After 30 minutes of him telling me various "tricks" and me telling him it isn't working, I finally [and angerily I might add] blurted out "I've had this problem before. I've done everything on my end. It's something with the line. I can't fix it from here. You need to do something to fix it, or connect me with someone else."

I was put on hold for 5 minutes.

Finally, I was put on with another guy. I couldn't understand his name. After listening to my problem, in full details (plus what I told Rajit about unplugging it not helping), he told me to move my router to the phone line in the kitchen. If this didn't fix it, he was going to send out a technician. What do you know, but it worked! Turns out the line in my bedroom is bad. After nearly a year of service with them, calling them over a dozen times with problems, someone finally tells me to move my router and it fixes the bloody problem!

Oh, and fyi, I broke down and bought ANOTHER power cord from MicroCenter today for my computer. FUCK HP.

1 comments:

Baroness Babbles said...

Amen sister. Hey, give me the number and the power cord info. I've been working with some ghetto people lately (LOL well, not ghetto, just hood. :D) and I'm fixing to have some excess crunk up in me. At the very least, I'll get them to send you a new one and you can pawn it off on ebay.